Interested in working for Black Bear?
Please check out the roles we have listed below to see if there is a good fit for you. Please note, all applications should be submitted through Dayforce which can be reached by clicking the Apply button below your selected job description. We do not interview or contact potential applicants via text.
Project Manager, Development
About the Role
The Project Manager, Development is responsible for the supervision of commercial solar and battery storage projects throughout the country. The candidate for this role will be a self-directed, collaborative team player with exceptional communication skills that can work autonomously. Construction management experience in the commercial real estate industry is highly preferable. Successful execution of this position requires clear and consistent coordination of multiple project stakeholders. The candidate must have exceptional project management skills and possess the ability to effectively navigate through and resolve complex problems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Black Bear Energy represents both institutional property owners and corporate property owners / users (our clients), while also managing the project development teams selected to perform the work (our channel partners). Success in this role is dependent on a variety of factors.
- Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
- Management of the client relationship, including landlord and their tenant(s)
- The ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
- Conducting detailed design reviews, and offering constructive feedback to all parties
- Identify milestones within utility interconnection processes
- Develop strategies associated with all forms of interconnection applications
- Lead Development Kickoff meetings with all stakeholders present
- Oversight of project scope and schedule, with periodic site visits to confirm best practices and conformance with construction documents
- Identify potential schedule impacts and facilitate mitigation plans for these impacts
- Ability to problem solve and achieve results by setting priorities and staying organized
- Provides a variety of regular reporting and analysis to project team(s) to communicate overall project status
- Ensure successful QA/QC and commissioning process, including coordination of project closeout with channel partner and client
- Proficiency in construction means and methods
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered
- 8+ years construction management experience
- 4+ years in commercial solar project management
- Battery storage experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred
- NABCEP Certification preferred
Salary and Benefits Information
- Annual Salary $70,000 – $80,000 based on qualifications
- Healthcare: Dental & Vision, Life Insurance, STD & LTD, parental leave
Please apply using the link below and send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.